Saturday, October 17, 2009

Still in NC


I woke up at 8am this morning happy that my hotel room door didn't look like this...

That is the hotel room door of the Econolodge that we stayed at Thursday night in SC.  If the picture was any taller you would notice the lack of chain on the door.  It was completely broken off so we decided to "barricade" ourselves in.  I don't really think it would have stopped anyone trying, but it made us feel better.

Back to this morning.  I woke up in a nice warm hotel in Southport, NC ready to complete my 6 mile training run.  I've mentioned before that I'm training for a half-marathon in February of next year.  Training officially began this past monday and has been going well so far.  I'm ready for cooler temps in FL though, training in the heat does not agree with me.

So this guy came into the "hotel gym" (more like a closet with one treadmill, stationary bike and elliptical machine) about 18 min into my workout.  Mind you I was running 6 miles, slowly as an endurance training run, and it was going to take me over an hr.  Well he fiddled around with his ipod, tied his shoes, and stretched for about 10 min.  I began to get the idea that he wanted to use the treadmill.  Sorry, dude.  After 4 miles in I paused to get a drink and pick up my towel that had fallen.  He got all excited and jumped off the elliptical only to have me say "oh sorry, I have another 2 miles to go".  Eventually the poor guy just got bored and gave up.

Oh well, at least I got my run in right???  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment