Saturday, December 5, 2009

Update

Well I haven't been on here in quite some time...
But half marathon training has been going quite well. There have been a few (long) runs during which I stopped a mile early due to knee discomfort. I think my body is slowly getting used to the distances and the strain. With proper nutrition and recovery plans I think I'll be fine to make it through the half mary.
Thanksgiving was wonderful, the newlyweds plus grandparents and my aunt came down! We ended up cleaning out the jungle that is my mother's front yard :) It was great to hang with my family for 4 days.
I have recently purchased a pair of The Recovery Socks. I haven't tried them yet because I'm in ATL this weekend, but I'll review them when I get back.
My aunt purchased a tech4o watch for me for Christmas which has also arrived while I was out of town! I'm excited to try it because I've been limiting my half training to the treadmill. I was using a Nike+ but its totally inaccurate. I tried calibrating it on a track and re-calibrating on a treadmill but nothing helped. We'll see how accurate the tech4o is.
I also did a 30 mile bike ride on the Silver Comet trail. It was a really nice trail! Paved, open but with some good tree coverage. It was a little bit chilly for this Florida girl but I was covered head to toe in long running pants, two layers on top +windbreaker, gloves, hat, and a neck warmer :) The only part of my body that was cold were my feet...darn toe-cages. I don't have clip-ins :) It was nice to be back on my bike though after almost a year absence.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment