Thursday, October 28, 2010

Growing Up

With each year that goes by, I've found that the things that used to bother me just don't seem relevant anymore.

Case in point:  I used to wear makeup most of the time, try and "cover up" imperfections/blemishes etc.  Now?  Class at 7:15 am every morning has a way of whittling down the important things in life...5 more minutes of sleep, or makeup.  (definitely sleep)

In high school I rowed (crew) and my lightweight 4+ went to Nationals.  Being lightweight I was expected to weigh in for every competition at <130 lbs.  As a 5'9" athletic female, this was a little difficult.  My lowest weight was 127 lbs and I felt horrible the entire time!  Now, I hardly ever weight myself but instead base how I feel on my level of activity, sleep and how healthy I'm eating.  It's working so far :)

More and more I feel that people are afraid to share their feelings for each other.  I don't mean boyfriend/girlfriend confessions or even "liking" someone.  I mean friendship, love and trust.  I'm trying to live my life without worrying what others think, and I apply this to the people I value.  In the past it's been difficult for me to really open up to others, on a deeper level.  I use humor to defuse every situation in which I feel uncomfortable.  But I'm trying to be better.  I'm attempting to let others know what a huge difference they make in my life each and every day. 

"The ones who mind won't matter and the ones who matter won't mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment